Bioprinter Summary

Overall I would consider this summer a huge success! With the extensive help of the Small Maker Space I was able to complete the construction of the bioprinter. While I started out by following the design described by a paper from ODU, I ran into several complications including motors not working, and a power supply […]

Bioprinter Update 7

This was the last week of the summer, and it was spent wrapping up things in lab and getting ready for the school year. I finished a write up of the printer detailing how mine differs from the paper that I followed, what problems I encountered while constructing the printer, and how those problems were […]

Bioprinter Update 6

image (3)

I worked with a member of the iGEM team to successfully prepare the electrocompetent cells. During our last glycerol wash we were unable to recover the cells that adhered to the side of the falcon tube, and thus our final cell concentration of prepared cells was not as high as it should have been. The […]