Adding to my Experiment

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 10.37.22 PM

As I put the final touches on my experiment I began to worry people may struggle to adjust to the structure of the experiment.  I worried that automatically playing recordings of the minimal pairs may catch participants off guard, and make them want to rehear the recordings. Initially I thought about allowing participants to replay the recordings. This would ensure confidence in […]

Update 7: The Importance of a Clean GC Needle

This week, I began by repeating the photochem experiment from late last week. I did this in order to gather more data points on turnover numbers since they were relatively inconsistent last week. However, these experiments varied catalyst concentrations by very small amounts. Therefore, I also began a new photochem experiment with the same catalyst, […]

Update 6: pH Problems and a New Project

Last week, I ran into problems when using my third catalyst and chromophore combination. Over the weekend I learned that the chromophore I was using works best at pH = 7. The solution of sacrificial electron donor that I use is pH = 7, but I have been diluting it with deionized water. The pH […]