The Last One: A Summary of my Monroe Project

As previously mentioned, the sample size, age range, and consistency of participation in the BalletNova summer intensive were not what I had hoped for going into my Monroe Project. The overall trends seen among the five participants in this project—being overall happy and satisfied, not reporting high levels of stress, and feeling relatively content with […]

A Super Brief Update: How I Spent Weeks 6 and 7

There’s not a whole lot on which to update everybody for the last two weeks of my project. I’ve been working on performing statistical analyses on the data I collected and compiling the results into a research paper. Re-learning how to use Excel proved to be a bit challenging and frustrating; upon figuring out which […]

Continuing to Collect Data: An Overview of Weeks 3-5

Over the last three weeks, I have continued to collect daily logs from my participants. The raw data demonstrates only slight variation in emotional trends among some dancers and large day-to-day changes among others. One participant, in fact, used almost every possible response across an 8-day period. The sheer fluctuation in her responses served as stark contrast to another dancer whose […]