Final Research Update

As the summer comes to a close, I have been reflecting on the different aspects of my research experience and adding finishing touches to my website. I feel very fortunate to have been able to explore a topic of my choosing through a medium of my choosing. Information is conveyed many ways in the field of public history and it was very important to me that my research be accessible, whatever form it took on. I am very proud of my final product and I am hoping that it is useful to the multiple communities for whom Kiskiak is important. This archaeological site is a fascinating example of Tidewater archaeology, and I aimed to incorporate aspects of the site that would intrigue both professional and amateur audiences. My hope is that this information is interesting for those who are from the area and also for those who are from far away. I plan to reach out to local K-12 schools in order to publicize the site, as the material may overlap with the Virginia History Standards of Learning in 4th, 5th, 9th, and 10th grade.

Feel free to check out the website here: https://kiskiak.sites.wm.edu/

*