Research Troubles

Unfortunately, my first experience with research has been less than stellar so far.  I have discovered that most of the time, researchers are just guessing and hoping that something works.  My trial-and-error approach to my work has left me with more knowledge about how not to extract DNA from fecal samples than any person will ever need.  Through these setbacks and frustrations, I’ve gained a massive appreciation for the incredible patience of everyone involved in research.

1. Kelsey Creech says:

Wow, Ellie.

I have had a similar slow beginning and bad luck with my research. I’ve been trying to interview professional choreographers, and I have not been able to get in touch with any of them. Research definitely requires significantly more patience and persistence than I ever would have expected. I hope your research picks up over the rest of the summer!

2. sjindal says:

Ellie, I am sorry that you’ve encountered so many frustrating setbacks! I think we can all sympathize with you, though, and are rooting for everything to work out! I think sometimes the setbacks you encounter sometimes make it even more fulfilling when your project starts heading in the right direction.

*