Final Update: Looking Forward

I will be continuing my research as an honors thesis in the Geology department and I am very much looking forward to the results of the research eight months from now. Looking forward, I hope to complete a pollen analysis to determine what kind of plants are present in the lake catchment. Changes in vegetation help provide insight on the marine to lake transition. In addition, I would like to collect more radiocarbon samples to date the transition period in IND-01-17. Much of my research will be based on data from Inner Borg Pollen determine changes in salinity as well as environmental changes that have occurred over the last 3000 years.

It was amazing to see how far I had come in a span of ninety days both academically and personally. Between May 10th and August 4th I had traveled to Norway for three weeks to collect data and complete a course, been a member of an ultimate Frisbee team out of Richmond, completed over 300 hours of lab work and rebuilt my bike. Without the funding from the Charles Center, there is no way I would have been able to do all that I did this summer! Many thanks to all those who have supported my endeavors and special thanks to Nick Balascio his guidance and expertise.

*