A Summary

I have finished my story map. Actually, finished is a loose term because I hope to get some feedback on it before trying to share it more broadly, but I have finished enough that I have a product I am very proud of. When I last posted I was still struggling to find a direction for my story map. I knew what I had set out to do and I knew what I had in front of me, but I didn’t know how to make the two align.

I ended up deciding just to keep the interviews as the focus of the story map. When I first proposed this research project a year ago, the question everyone kept asking me was what was going to make this project special, what would I be doing that everyone else couldn’t do. As I worked on this project it became very clear that the interviews were the most unique and interesting part of my project. I had learned so much about the parks just by talking with the rangers myself that I wanted to share their perspective with others and I didn’t want to limit myself to using just two or three quotes as I had originally intended. This did mean that my project focused more heavily on parks with longer, more in depth interviews, but I thought it was worth it to try and share as much as I could from the interviews.

Overall, this project has been an absolutely amazing experience and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to pursue it.

For anyone who is interested, here is the link to the story map: https://arcg.is/0O0Sin

If you have any comments or feedback I’d love to hear from you (fair warning it is quite long)!

*