Update #4: Interview Results

This update should be relatively short, as I spent most of my time since my last post attempting to get into contact with app developers and waiting for responses. As I mentioned before, following my surveys of apps and websites, I attempted to reach out to their developers in order to ask them about their products. The questions that I asked ended up being relatively simple, and included topics like how the tool would ideally be used, what inspired the creator to make the tool, and why the creator thought that it would be effective. My hope was that by asking more simple, open-ended questions, I would both be more likely to receive responses, and that I could give developers a chance to provide their own perspectives on their creations in a relatively unrestricted setting.

As for the responses themselves, they have been perhaps not quite as forthcoming as I would have liked. In fact, I ran into some difficulties from the very beginning, as some sites either had no contact information, or had links to outdated pages or email addresses. So far, only a few of the developers I was able to email have replied, and at this point it seems unlikely that the others will. Still, none of the developers refused to answer my questions either, so I will attempt to send the remaining ones another email in the hope that they perhaps missed the first one. In addition, I received one reply asking if it would be possible for the developer to send responses to my questions at a later date. I hope to receive this response soon, as the site in question was among the best I found, so I would like to hear from the creator.

While the responses are perhaps a bit lacking in quantity, they are excellent in terms of quality. While planning my project, I had hoped that by reaching out to developers who clearly have a passion for teaching Latin, I would be more likely to receive good responses, and this seems to have been the case.  One developer in particular gave me a set of very detailed replies to my questions, which I am quite excited to put on my site. The other replies have similarly gone beyond simply giving basic answers to the questions, which I believe will improve the quality of my project.

To summarize the interview part of my project, I have received fewer responses than I may have liked, but those that I did receive should prove very useful. Fortunately, I had considered that getting responses might be somewhat difficult, and thus I made this section of my project small enough that few or even no responses should not have too detrimental an effect on the end result. I suppose that this is a useful lesson from my project, and if I plan to work on research projects in the future, I will attempt to design them in such a way that I always have a backup plan in case interviews are hard to get.

Looking forward, my project is now nearly complete, and I just need to put together the final website. As I mentioned before, the website will primarily consist of a list of websites and apps, along with my thoughts on how each could be used in a classroom and including developer responses where I have them. I have given considerable thought as to how I will structure the website, but will leave the discussion of the website’s design for my final entry. Overall, I feel that my project has come along well, and I am optimistic that making the site should go relatively smoothly.

Comments

  1. It’s actuaⅼlү a nice and helpful piece of info.
    I am satisfied that you shared this һelpful info with
    us. Please stɑy us up to date liҝe this. Tһank you
    for sharing.